Big Ant Studios have announced its game Don Bradman Cricket 14 will be released later this year. Cricket games on PC have been thin on the ground since Codemasters' Brian Lara and EA's Cricket series were retired back in 2007. The only well known game that's still around is International Cricket Captain, which is a management-only game.
Don Bradman is possibly the best batsman of all time, and Australian studio Big Ant Studios says it has been working for four years to make this the best game possible. It claims it will be 'far superior to any cricket game in the market.' However, that's a pretty low bar to set, as there is almost no competition at the moment!
Here's the full list of features in Don Bradman Cricket 14:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 meter bowler to delivery that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customization of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
Are you excited about a new cricket game for PCs?